Friday, 27 September 2013

The dawn of another adventure

So here I am again, in Bangkok airport. The sun is just coming up and part 2 of my adventure is about to begin. Shortly I'll board my connecting flight to Yangon, Myanmar. After 3 weeks there I'll move on to China and after another 3 weeks there  I'll head back down to Tanzania to volunteer at Mambo Viewpoint for... just over 3 weeks. I'll return home to England at the start of December, and this time it's for good!

I've had an incredible summer back home. I was lucky to be there at the best time of the year: the days were (mostly) warm, the evenings were long and light and London was at its most delectable. I cuddled the new babies, danced the nights away at the weddings, spent lots of time being zipped up in tents and shut in cupboards at the whim of my nieces and generally basked in the glow of being surrounded by my family and friends. In fact I loved it so much that I really did have a crisis of confidence about whether to come away again - I've spent so much time away from my loved ones over the past five years and I've kind of had enough of that now. But on the other hand I didn't want to cancel this trip and then regret it in a few months time. I'm so lucky to have this opportunity to travel and I've wanted it for so long, so I have to make the most of it! Now I'm on my way again I can feel the excitement creeping back in and can't wait to discover what the next two months have in store for me!

I don't know how much internet I'll have in Myanmar, but I will update again when I can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment