Friday, 19 April 2013

Friends Reunited in Hyderabad & Delhi


After leaving BTS with a heavy heart, I took a flight up to Hyderabad. At Google Australia I had worked closely with some of the people in the Google Hyderabad office and our friendships were cemented when I spent two weeks here for work in 2011. No need to do any sight-seeing then, which was fortunate really as it was 44°c! Phew!

With this in mind I'd treated myself to quite a fancy hotel as a sanctuary from the heat. A quiet night of relaxing was followed by lunch with two of my favourite Hyderabad Googlers: Ambu and Shirley. It was lovely to see them and catch up and we chose a restaurant (Angeethi) which I'd particularly enjoyed on my last trip. 
With Ambu (on my right) and Shirley (on my left)
After 24 hours in Hyderabad I boarded my next plane and waved goodbye to South India as we flew up to Delhi. Again I'd visited Delhi in 2011 so didn't feel the need to sight-see but rather took advantage of another nice hotel to catch up on some reading, sleeping and attending to my laptop, which had decided to more or less pack up during my last week at the charity. Fortunate that I'm such a technology expert then (?!) and was able to finally get it working again after re-installing Windows! 

That evening I had dinner with another Google friend Soma, and her husband Suraj. We opted for a delicious Rajhastani thali, which consists of lots of tiny samples of curries, chutneys and breads: perfect for someone like me who can never choose what to order!
Rajhastani thali... mmmmmm
With Soma, in front of India Gate, New Delhi

No comments:

Post a Comment